Social Work is a profession concerned with helping individuals, families, groups and communities to enhance their individual and collective well-being.
- Identify people who need help;
- Assess clients’ needs, situations, strengths, and support networks to determine their goals;
- Develop plans to improve their clients’ well-being;
- Help clients adjust to changes and challenges in their lives, such as illness, divorce, or unemployment;
- Research and refer clients to community resources, such as food stamps, child care, and health care.
Jobs directly related to the qualification
- Social Worker;
- Self reliance Case Worker
- Peer Group Trainer
- Health Supervisor
- Family Support
- Probation Officer
Darrell Wheeler, Tom Walsh, Preston Dyer, Thyra J. Edwards
Department of Social Development, Department of Health,