Mathematical process used in estimating cost of a new building construction, improvement, or reproduction.
- Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client;
- Undertake cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work;
- Assist in establishing a client’s requirements and undertake feasibility studies;
- Perform risk, value management and cost control;
- Advise on a procurement strategy.
Jobs directly related to qualification
- Quantity Surveyor
- Built Environment Specialist
- Property Developer
AECOM, Currie & Brow
Quantity Surveyors Pocket book by Duncan Cartlidge
Hillary Construction Bursary, Power Group Bursary, Anglo American, Basil Read Bursary, Department of Public Works, Group Five, Murray & Roberts, CETA, City of Johannesburg, Gauteng Housing Department, CP de Leeuw, Glencore