An investment manager is a person or organization that makes investments in portfolios of securities on behalf of clients, in accordance with the investment objectives and parameters defined by these clients. <Investopedia>
Investment Managers do the following tasks:
- Regularly meet with investment analysts and company managers to discuss financial matters;
- Research companies;
- Gather information;
- Read financial briefings (often written by investment analysts);
- Make informed financial recommendations and decisions.
- Jobs directly related to the degree
- Financial Analyst
- Investment Broker
- Investment Banking Associate
- Analyst, investments
- Analyst, money market
- Analyst, securities
- Assistant Financial Analyst
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Cost Financial Analyst
- Economic Analyst, Financial Services
- Finance and Commercial Affairs Analyst
- Financial Analysis Consultant
Warren Buffet, Charles E. Merrill, Michael Bloomberg, JP Morgan, Investec, Bill Gates, Richard Branson.
Coronation Fund Managers, Nedbank Bursaries Programme, FNB Bursaries Programme, National Bursaries Programme, ABSA Bursaries Programme, StanLib Bursaries Programme, IDC.