It is the study of human nutrition. , A dietician alters their patient’s nutrition based upon their medical condition and individual needs. Dieticians are regulated healthcare professionals licensed to assess, diagnose, and treat nutritional problems.
Dieticians carry out the following tasks:
- Provides health advice and promotes healthy eating;
- Helps people come to terms with their illnesses;
- Advises about special diets;
- Educates health professionals and the public about nutrition;
- Establishes and addresses key health needs.
Jobs directly related to the degree
- Clinical Dietetics
- Food and Nutrition Management
- Public Health Nutrition
- Private Practice
Food politics: How the Food Industry Influences Nutrition and Health by Marion Nestle
Dr Mehmet Oz, Ian Marber
Nestle, Unilever, Clover Bursary, HCI Foundation, HESA Commonwealth Bursaries